Monday, November 10, 2008

Everything Is Beautiful, In Its Own Waste

Quiet please. Let me think. This is my first blog ever, so be gentle. If you're not, I'm coming over there and then you'll be sorry. You're going to eventually notice anyway, so I may as well tell you ...I use a lot of lines from movies, TV, songs, other media events...and if it's obscure enough that I can get away with it, I won't give credit...who the hell am I kidding, I might not give credit anyway. And, let's see, oh yeah, the ellipsis (...), I use lots of them...you know, dramatic pause and all that. Just like William...Shatner!

And I write as though I'm working on the dialog of a movie script, but without the "She said:", "He said:" attributions. I never read "The Elements Of Style" for writing, but I know what works for me. I proofread my work but occasionally something will slip by. I am an absolute stickler on the proper use of American English, but even I will use colloquial forms and idioms when it seems appropriate. And if you are a little light on proper spelling, you'd better use a spell check program before you send out your email...that makes me crazy! There is really no excuse for improper spelling...on a computer...using Word...with spell checking. Got it?

First a word of introduction..again, as you will soon discover, I'm a cranky bastard, and don't care who knows it. I don't suffer fools gladly, so if you want to email me, take care with your wording. I will try to do the same. We can actually have a lot of fun, you and I, if we approach things with the right attitude...you know...sarcasm, facetiousness, brutal truth, making fun of stupidity, taking advantage of helpless third parties not present, things like that. Oh, and gossip, too. That's always fun, especially if there's not a word of truth to the rumor. Lighthearted and heavy-handed, that's the motto!

Let's see, what else? Well, one of my favorite song writers is Randy Newman, and my personal patron saint of comedy is Lewis Black. I'll mention other favorites as I think of them now and then. My basic purpose for this blog is to just vent whenever I need to. And over the last eight years I've needed to, believe me. So this is perfect. I will occasionally spew forth a string of obscenities in this blog, but not gratuitously, and always appropriate within context.

So, there you are...another blog dog, barking for attention, but it's ok. I'll talk more about me later, and then unleash some Word documents I have stored away just for these occasions.

But tomorrow's gonna be another workin' day, and I've got to get my rest, that's all I'm just trying to get some rest...

No comments: